Photo Credit: Getty Images
WWE has a tendency to rename superstars for its own reasons. It appears they have renamed a recently signed NXT superstar before debuting for the brand.
According to a report by Fightful Select, WWE has changed the name of recently hired superstar Anthony Greene. Now he is expected to be called Austin or August Gray. It was not mentioned what name he will use, but his last name will be changed to Gray.
It was also said that the Curt Stallion name will remain unchanged.
Anthony Greene’s new on-screen name was announced as Austin Gray or August Gray. Curt Stallion seems to be using his name Curt Stallion
Austin Gray and Curt Stallion made a name for themselves on the independent circuit, particularly on EVOLVE before WWE came along. We will have to see when they will make their debut in the ring.
Paul Heyman launches ECW “replacement” pump
It is no exaggeration to say that Paul Heyman built ECW from the ground up and was the creative genius behind its success in the 90s, when he presented himself as an alternative to WWE and WCW.
Earlier this week, radio personality Craig Carton mentioned on the Carton and Roberts show that he was initially going to play the role of the character of “Joey Styles” and would also work as the host of ECW.
“I was once offered a job in wrestling when I was working in Philadelphia. I don’t even know the name of the company. It was the mid-90s. I was going to be Joey Styles. “
“I was on WIP radio in Philadelphia, someone came to me from ECW and said, ‘We’d love for you to be our announcer in the ring and your name is Joey Styles.’ My schedule didn’t allow for that or something. I don’t remember being against it, because I wasn’t making much money. I don’t remember why I didn’t take the job. But it was going to be Joey Styles, I’ll never forget the name because it was such a cool name. “
Paul Heyman decided to refute the claims made by Carton and noted that they were “nonsense **”
Sorry @craigcartonlive. I’m talking nonsense about this. #JoeBonsignore was @JoeyStyles even before I hired him in 1993. In 1994, we needed a replacement that summer. There were some considerations. None of them were to be called #JoeyStyles. #ECW @EvanRobertsWFAN
Sorry @craigcartonlive. I’m talking nonsense about this. #JoeBonsignore was @JoeyStyles even before I hired him in 1993.
In ’94, we needed a replacement that summer.
There were some considerations.
None of them were to be called #JoeyStyles. #ECW @EvanRobertsWFAN https://t.co/9Cs6Y7ijeQ
– Paul Heyman (@HeymanHustle) February 25, 2021
Bruce Prichard ‘fired’ to best AEW star after lying
Bruce Prichard fired one of AEW’s top stars and he wasn’t happy. The “Invisible Hand” Don Callis and Joey Styles were apparently going to be part of the WCW Nitro commentary team on a weekly basis.
While recently appearing on Talk’n Shop, Don Callis talked about his release by the WWF in 1998. He then talked about how he had options working with WCW and ECW, adding how the world of professional wrestling changed in 2001 after WCW. and ECW went bankrupt.
He revealed that by 2001 he and Joey Styles were going to comment on WCW Nitro and that they were going to make more money than ever before.
“I had a revealing experience in 1998 when Bruce Prichard fired me from my dream job two weeks before Christmas. I had been told that I would have a job there for life. They told me three times “move to Connecticut and write television.” This was before they hired a bunch of brands and called them writers. This is when Pat Patterson, Vince Russo, Jim Cornette and Vince [McMahon]. I thought I would have a job for life because I could fight, manage, comment and write. It was a revelation because it is as if there was no job security.
In 2001, when ECW was about to close, I had a concert prepared with [Eric] Bischoff. Joey Styles and I were going to comment on Nitro. He was going to make more money than he ever had. I went from being able to leverage three companies to a monopoly. “
President Biden could force WWE to cancel shows
President Joe Biden could strike a blow at WWE in hopes of returning to Saudi Arabia.
NBC News is reporting that the Biden administration will release an intelligence report on Thursday that concludes that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman approved the 2018 murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, three US officials familiar with the matter said.
Intelligence assessment, based largely on CIA work, is not new; NBC News was among the organizations that confirmed it in 2018.
WWE had a major controversy in 2018 when Khashoggi’s story first broke out, with many trying to pressure the company to cancel its Crown Jewel 2018 show in Saudi Arabia. Big names like John Cena and Daniel Bryan even refused to go, which was headlined by Triple H and Shawn Michaels against Undertaker and Kane. The show also featured Hulk Hogan’s return to WWE 3 years after his own racist comment scandal.
WWE went ahead with the show, but did not mention Saudi Arabia when promoting it, only mentioned that the show was in ‘Jeddah’ and was pulled with the government propaganda that was featured during the Greatest Royal Rumble 2018.
Vince McMahon and the Crown Prince also had a money dispute at a PPV, with rumors that a jet with wrestlers was punished as a result. leading to a lawsuit. Saudi Arabia’s last PPV was Super Showdown 2020, in which Goldberg beat Bray Wyatt for the WWE Universal Title. The pandemic then halted the shows temporarily, but the WWE corporate jet was seen flying to Saudi Arabia, and this new report from the Biden Administration threatens the possibility of the $ 10-year deal with WWE Saudi being completed. 100 million per year.