Connect with us

WWE NEWS

Smackdown sees a decline in ratings

Published

on

This week’s episode of WWE Friday Night Smackdown had developments for the upcoming WWE TLC pay-per-view. It seems this week’s show didn’t do so well.

According to a report from Showbuzz Daily, WWE Friday Night SmackDown received a nightly average of 1.987 million viewers. The first hour attracted 2,016 million viewers while the second hour attracted 1,957 million viewers. It also achieved a .55 in the 18-49 demographic.

This is a drop compared to last week’s episode, which drew an overnight audience of 2.215 million viewers. That shows that 2,202 million viewers in the first hour and 2,228 million in the second hour.

The previous week it garnered 2.1415 million viewers overnight. The week before, it reached 2.209 million viewers. He also had a .7 in the first hour and a .6 in the second in the 18-49 demographic last week.

News
Source

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WWE NEWS

WWE ‘refused’ to tell Drew McIntyre he was losing

Published

on

Drew McIntyre and The Miz were not informed of the WWE title change until the last minute, and Creative did not inform them of its decision until the Elimination Chamber afternoon. McIntyre has revealed that WWE refused to tell him if he would win a match.

The Miz stated in Oral Sessions with Renee Young, “I had no idea. I went in there and nobody spoke to me. All the creatives, like “is someone going to tell me what the hell is going on?” In the afternoon! So, I think ‘OMG, is someone going to talk to me?’ Then I go in and find out what’s going on and say, ‘well, this is it.’ Honestly, you never think it’s going to happen until you hear 1-2-3, you don’t think it’s going to happen. “

By the way, this is against Drew McIntyre and if you’ve been watching WWE, Drew and Roman are on fire. They are incredibly difficult to beat. They grabbed the bronze ring and basically said, “We are untouchable, you cannot touch us, you cannot take this title from us.” It is always difficult. “

The Miz traded in his Money in the Bank briefcase to defeat Drew McIntyre at the end of the Elimination Chamber on Sunday. WWE removed McIntyre from Raw, and The Miz is scheduled to defend his title against Bobby Lashley next week.

Ringside News transcribed Miz’s comments.

News
Source

Continue Reading

WWE NEWS

Paul Heyman launches ECW “replacement” pump

Published

on

It is no exaggeration to say that Paul Heyman built ECW from the ground up and was the creative genius behind its success in the 90s, when he presented himself as an alternative to WWE and WCW.

Earlier this week, radio personality Craig Carton mentioned on the Carton and Roberts show that he was initially going to play the role of the character of “Joey Styles” and would also work as the host of ECW.

“I was once offered a job in wrestling when I was working in Philadelphia. I don’t even know the name of the company. It was the mid-90s. I was going to be Joey Styles. “

“I was on WIP radio in Philadelphia, someone came to me from ECW and said, ‘We’d love for you to be our announcer in the ring and your name is Joey Styles.’ My schedule didn’t allow for that or something. I don’t remember being against it, because I wasn’t making much money. I don’t remember why I didn’t take the job. But it was going to be Joey Styles, I’ll never forget the name because it was such a cool name. “

Paul Heyman decided to refute the claims made by Carton and noted that they were “nonsense **”

Sorry @craigcartonlive. I’m talking nonsense about this. #JoeBonsignore was @JoeyStyles even before I hired him in 1993. In 1994, we needed a replacement that summer. There were some considerations. None of them were to be called #JoeyStyles. #ECW @EvanRobertsWFAN

News
Source

Continue Reading

WWE NEWS

Bruce Prichard ‘fired’ to best AEW star after lying

Published

on

Bruce Prichard fired one of AEW’s top stars and he wasn’t happy. The “Invisible Hand” Don Callis and Joey Styles were apparently going to be part of the WCW Nitro commentary team on a weekly basis.

While recently appearing on Talk’n Shop, Don Callis talked about his release by the WWF in 1998. He then talked about how he had options working with WCW and ECW, adding how the world of professional wrestling changed in 2001 after WCW. and ECW went bankrupt.

He revealed that by 2001 he and Joey Styles were going to comment on WCW Nitro and that they were going to make more money than ever before.

I had a revealing experience in 1998 when Bruce Prichard fired me from my dream job two weeks before Christmas. I had been told that I would have a job there for life. They told me three times “move to Connecticut and write television.” This was before they hired a bunch of brands and called them writers. This is when Pat Patterson, Vince Russo, Jim Cornette and Vince [McMahon]. I thought I would have a job for life because I could fight, manage, comment and write. It was a revelation because it is as if there was no job security.

In 2001, when ECW was about to close, I had a concert prepared with [Eric] Bischoff. Joey Styles and I were going to comment on Nitro. He was going to make more money than he ever had. I went from being able to leverage three companies to a monopoly. “

News
Source

Continue Reading