Paige took to Instagram earlier today to celebrate a very different kind of achievement. Today’s date marks two years of Paige’s sobriety and she is rightfully very proud of this milestone.
He posted a collage of “then and now” images, revealing his progress over the past 24 months. Paige also spoke about her brother Roy Bevis, who is just under two months into his own journey to sobriety.
“I’ve posted something like this before. But so proud of my progress! 2 years sober. Mom is feeling niceoooddd. Swipe and you’ll see my older brother @roybevis_knight_, he’s been sober for 6 weeks and I’m SO proud. setback in just under 2 months. Please give some support in the comments, he deserves it 😊 Can’t wait for him to come visit me and Ronnie for their 40th anniversary in February 🥺👏🏻❤️ “
Bevis also shared the same on Twitter, and Paige responded with encouragement.
Proud of you more brother! 6 weeks strong 💪 you have this 👏🏻👏🏻❤️ https://t.co/2BvnnJKeLB pic.twitter.com/Dl0i0m5fq1
– SARAYA (@RealPaigeWWE) October 19, 2020
Paige in WWE
Paige made history on her main roster debut in April 2014 by defeating AJ Lee and becoming the youngest woman to win the Divas Championship.
She also held the inaugural NXT Women title when she debuted on RAW. That made her the first woman to hold both belts at the same time. She went on to have a major role to play in the Women’s Revolution in WWE.
Unfortunately, she suffered a career-ending neck injury in a match against Sasha Banks in December 2017. The injury forced her to withdraw from in-ring action the following year.
He has been pestering his fans with the possibility of returning to the ring on his social media platforms. She is currently keeping busy with fan interaction on Twitch. She even said sarcastically that she had been cast for “Twitch” when a fan asked her on Twitter what brand she went to in the WWE Draft this year.
Paige was one of the first Superstars to speak out against WWE’s new edict on banning third parties and taking control of talents’ Twitch accounts.
Bray Wyatt ‘medical issues’ in WWE Leak
‘The Fiend’ Bray Wyatt has not been on WWE programming since the April 12 edition of WWE Monday Night Raw, recently defeated by Randy Orton at WWE WrestleMania 37 the night before. With this, fans and members of the WWE universe have been wondering where Wyatt has been and how come he hasn’t been fighting in a WWE ring. Bray Wyatt ‘not returning’ to WWE?
In an attempt to answer this, Steve Carrier of Ringside News recently asked about Bray Wyatt’s condition, where he was told that Wyatt’s absence is due to a “medical” issue.
The publisher and owner of Ringside News stated via Twitter: “There are rumors about Bray Wyatt. One story circulating is that he is off WWE television for “personal” reasons. We have been told that your absence is considered “medical” and not personal. It is still advertised for the August 9 RAW in Orlando as well. Stay tuned.”
In other Bray Wyatt news, in a recent interview by Bill Apter, wrestling legend and Bray Wyatt’s uncle, Barry Windham spoke about how his nephew is currently being used in WWE. Credit to SEScoops for the following quotes.
Bray Wyatt ‘broke character’ before WWE SmackDown “I hope he makes the cut in WWE, we’ll just have to see,” Windham said when asked about Bray Wyatt. It’s been (a great performer), it just hasn’t been used properly there. “
However, Windham claimed that he has not seen many of Wyatt’s matches as the Demon in WWE, but has seen the vignettes that he has done as the character. The wrestling legend continued:
“You know I haven’t really seen any of his matches, I’ve only seen some of the little vignettes that he’s done. He was always ready to be a fighter growing up. “
Rumors are circulating about Bray Wyatt. One story circulating is that he is off WWE television for “personal” reasons. We have been told that your absence is considered “medical” and not personal. It is still advertised for the August 9 RAW in Orlando as well. Stay tuned.
– Steve Carrier of Ringside News (@steve_carrier) July 22, 2021
WWE Brings back the world champion for the return match
Samoa Joe will compete in a ring once more. The last time Samoa Joe was in a WWE ring was on the February 10 episode of Raw. Here Joe, Kevin Owens, and The Viking Raiders took on Seth Rollins, Buddy Murphy, and AOP in a losing effort. Joe would then work as a color commentator for WWE Monday Night Raw until his release from the company on April 15, 2021. Joe would re-sign in June and be named enforcer to NXT General Manager William Regal. Did Vince McMahon ‘infuriate’ this former NXT star in a text message?
After NXT Champion Karrion Kross strangled Samoa Joe, he laid the groundwork for a possible fight between Kross and Joe. It is now reported that Kross Vs Joe will take place for the Kross NXT Championship at NXT TakeOver 36. The event will take place on August 22, 2021.
In other Samoa Joe news, former NXT Champion Johnny Gargano commented on Joe’s last season with WWE NXT during a recent interview with TV Insider. The NXT mainstay stated: “Samoa Joe is a legend. You cannot replace the mind you have. He has done so many things in this business, even long before WWE. I was a fan of Samoa Joe when I was in high school. Everything he does, he does it successfully.
This fired WWE NXT employee recently leaked his paycheck. Continuing Gargano said: “Having Joe in this new role in NXT brings a breath of fresh air and brings this new dynamic. I am very excited about what he will do in the future. Whenever it is on the screen, it is essential television. “
Credit to Wrestling Observer
Shane McMahon segment ‘canceled’ for a sad reason
Shane McMahon had hosted RAW Underground, which saw street-style fights and the segment took place on Monday Night Raw.
Arturo Ruas, who is currently part of the Diamond Mine stable on NXT, had an interview with The Wrestling Inc. Daily. He talked about RAW Underground.
Arturo Ruas explains why Shane McMahon stopped RAW Underground
Ruas has a background in combat sports, which was a major factor in his participation in RAW Underground, which is now disbanded. Triple H offers former WWE Champion a new contract
He also opened up about the segment’s initial plans, but named the COVID-19 pandemic as the reason it disbanded.
This is what he had to say:
“I, like you, knew about these things while they were happening. I heard they were bringing a show that was going to have some street fighting vibes, ”Jaoude revealed. “They were bringing in people with legitimate backgrounds to have a different design of a match. They lowered the strings and said to bring street clothes to wear and have street vibes, and I got it. So when I got to RAW and saw it, I thought, okay, I got it. It will be a real thing and all the games were short and the interactions were real, you had to do it 100%.
That was RAW Underground. RAW Underground was totally different from what we see in professional wrestling matches. I had a lot of fun doing it and I got to talk to a lot of people and it was really good to be there. I had a lot of fun on the show. It was supposed to be uninterrupted, running all the time, but the pandemic sucks and the pandemic changed the lives of millions of people. So RAW Underground died from the pandemic. “
WWE is unlikely to bring back RAW Underground, which garnered a mixed reaction from fans and wrestling experts.