Updated WWE Survivor Series 2020 lineup
The Undertaker’s 30-year career will be celebrated in his final sendoff at the WWE Survivor Series on November 22. The 30 Days of the Dead Man will conclude on WWE Network. Now more special guests will appear for the event.
It was previously reported that Savio Vega will return to Survivor Series for the final farewell. According to a report from PW Insider, two more names have been confirmed for the event.
Kane and The Godfather will be there in Survivor Series for The Deadman. It was not revealed what role they will have for the final farewell.
Savio Vega also spoke to Wrestling Inc, where he revealed that many members of the Bone Street Krew will be in attendance to celebrate The Undertaker’s 30th anniversary in WWE.
“Until now, I will be there. Some of the BSK members will be there and we’ll see what happens. I hope something happens there. I am happy to be with my team, my boys. You have Fatu (Rikishi), you have Papa Shango / The Godfather, you have Taker [and] you have the Godwinns. I mean, I’m happy just for that. “
We’ll have to see who else will appear in Survivor Series.
WWE ‘refused’ to tell Drew McIntyre he was losing
Drew McIntyre and The Miz were not informed of the WWE title change until the last minute, and Creative did not inform them of its decision until the Elimination Chamber afternoon. McIntyre has revealed that WWE refused to tell him if he would win a match.
The Miz stated in Oral Sessions with Renee Young, “I had no idea. I went in there and nobody spoke to me. All the creatives, like “is someone going to tell me what the hell is going on?” In the afternoon! So, I think ‘OMG, is someone going to talk to me?’ Then I go in and find out what’s going on and say, ‘well, this is it.’ Honestly, you never think it’s going to happen until you hear 1-2-3, you don’t think it’s going to happen. “
By the way, this is against Drew McIntyre and if you’ve been watching WWE, Drew and Roman are on fire. They are incredibly difficult to beat. They grabbed the bronze ring and basically said, “We are untouchable, you cannot touch us, you cannot take this title from us.” It is always difficult. “
The Miz traded in his Money in the Bank briefcase to defeat Drew McIntyre at the end of the Elimination Chamber on Sunday. WWE removed McIntyre from Raw, and The Miz is scheduled to defend his title against Bobby Lashley next week.
Ringside News transcribed Miz’s comments.
Paul Heyman launches ECW “replacement” pump
It is no exaggeration to say that Paul Heyman built ECW from the ground up and was the creative genius behind its success in the 90s, when he presented himself as an alternative to WWE and WCW.
Earlier this week, radio personality Craig Carton mentioned on the Carton and Roberts show that he was initially going to play the role of the character of “Joey Styles” and would also work as the host of ECW.
“I was once offered a job in wrestling when I was working in Philadelphia. I don’t even know the name of the company. It was the mid-90s. I was going to be Joey Styles. “
“I was on WIP radio in Philadelphia, someone came to me from ECW and said, ‘We’d love for you to be our announcer in the ring and your name is Joey Styles.’ My schedule didn’t allow for that or something. I don’t remember being against it, because I wasn’t making much money. I don’t remember why I didn’t take the job. But it was going to be Joey Styles, I’ll never forget the name because it was such a cool name. “
Paul Heyman decided to refute the claims made by Carton and noted that they were “nonsense **”
Sorry @craigcartonlive. I’m talking nonsense about this. #JoeBonsignore was @JoeyStyles even before I hired him in 1993. In 1994, we needed a replacement that summer. There were some considerations. None of them were to be called #JoeyStyles. #ECW @EvanRobertsWFAN
Sorry @craigcartonlive. I’m talking nonsense about this. #JoeBonsignore was @JoeyStyles even before I hired him in 1993.
In ’94, we needed a replacement that summer.
There were some considerations.
None of them were to be called #JoeyStyles. #ECW @EvanRobertsWFAN https://t.co/9Cs6Y7ijeQ
– Paul Heyman (@HeymanHustle) February 25, 2021
Bruce Prichard ‘fired’ to best AEW star after lying
Bruce Prichard fired one of AEW’s top stars and he wasn’t happy. The “Invisible Hand” Don Callis and Joey Styles were apparently going to be part of the WCW Nitro commentary team on a weekly basis.
While recently appearing on Talk’n Shop, Don Callis talked about his release by the WWF in 1998. He then talked about how he had options working with WCW and ECW, adding how the world of professional wrestling changed in 2001 after WCW. and ECW went bankrupt.
He revealed that by 2001 he and Joey Styles were going to comment on WCW Nitro and that they were going to make more money than ever before.
“I had a revealing experience in 1998 when Bruce Prichard fired me from my dream job two weeks before Christmas. I had been told that I would have a job there for life. They told me three times “move to Connecticut and write television.” This was before they hired a bunch of brands and called them writers. This is when Pat Patterson, Vince Russo, Jim Cornette and Vince [McMahon]. I thought I would have a job for life because I could fight, manage, comment and write. It was a revelation because it is as if there was no job security.
In 2001, when ECW was about to close, I had a concert prepared with [Eric] Bischoff. Joey Styles and I were going to comment on Nitro. He was going to make more money than he ever had. I went from being able to leverage three companies to a monopoly. “